Friday, May 30, 2008

Raindrops Burn

I once asked the Sky to Save me and
found raindrops in its wake
Broke the Rules they gave me
Bought a peace they couldn't shake.
For all the pearls you chained me with I couldn't find the wounds.
Yesterday's tears washed away the crime as
Nature's grief could never do.
Some past shadow hides amoungst the mirrors - a reflection or a truth?
What once I thought forgotten lingers languishing in turn.
It slowly steeps inside my soul
Where tears cannot correct.
And now I stand beneath the clouds awaiting
Raindrop's Burn

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith Ramsay said...

Oh my God, what a beautiful, powerful poem! This is the first time I've been to this website, and your poem was the first thing I read there. Do you have more poems?.....please, please, please? It's your exquisite use of language, of metaphor, of imagery and your heart-searing evocation of feeling that blows me away. I bet you're a famous poet.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home